Once you determine the right funnel for your business; use our 21 step guide to launch your next email sales funnel.
Small funnels created with emails only; for more powerful funnels we build by using a WordPress website and an email auto-responder.
Some people use click funnels and other expensive programs, however, there is a much better option!
We have amazing looking mobile responsive landing page templates that we use with WordPress. Not only are they better looking, faster, and easier to use, but they will save you more than a thousand dollars in a year!
First, determine what type of funnel is best for your offer:
Follow these steps to launch your next online sales funnel.
- 1Create the funnel outline of your draft. Draw out the path of your funnel from the landing pages to each email, to websites, and videos. Funnels can be a bit of a cluster; that's why we like to sketch a map to follow.
- 2Create a Landing page (from your website) to capture your audience’s attention; these may or may not include video; we generally create three different landing pages to split test. We let three different pages go out for about a week. Once we analyze the data, we'll know which landing page attracts the most people, more importantly, the right people. We will also use a bold call to action (CTA) on the landing page. A CTA directs viewers exactly what they should do next: Click a link, watch a video, check their email, download a file, etc.
- 3Start writing your emails and create a drip campaign. Marketing to your leads through email is how you will keep your viewers engaged. You'll want to send emails regularly, but don't overdo it; a few emails each week is good. Educate and entertain your audience. Let them know why they will want to learn more. Another way is to find their pain point and let them know how this will solve it. Help them overcome any fears and objections. Use stories to give them real-life examples. It's our responsibility to inform, help, and educate our viewers. Let them know why they may want to buy. We never sell or push Product. Push marketing is dead. Buying should always be their idea. Test email follow-ups, opt-in forms, integrations, and tracking for each.
- 4Add videos in your sales funnels; they work great! You may also create a video for each email, or use them in a training series inside your funnel. Use a video on one of the landing pages and then split testing to see if it's a winner.
- 5Set up a 404 page.
- 6Create a thank you page on your website to use for all three of your landing pages. Keeping your landing pages, emails, and thank you pages relevant is key. If you need to build more to keep them relevant than do so. It's all about getting a top placement with Google!
- 7Create a sales page for each item you sell within your funnel. Plan your pricing, your product name, the quantities, etc. Use one page per sale type that you plan to use in your funnel; such as a tripwire, an up-sell, a down-sell, a cross-sell, or a high-end product.
- 8Test each sales page to ensure the purchase is going through and is submitted properly.
- 9By now you should have a link for every page, post, video, sales page, and thank you page to match each item. Use a spreadsheet to list each name in alphabetical order with the link in the adjacent column. Before you link each in your funnel, test and retest the links.
- 10Link the entire funnel together.
- 11Use the links from your spreadsheet to set up tracking.
- 12If you are collecting affiliate commissions, check that each link is set up correctly and is tracking too.
- 13If you built the funnel on your website, your favicon should be in place; if not, now is a great time to upload one.
- 14Prepare a variety of promotional images for your social platforms.
- 15Check landing pages and promotional images for simplicity, typo's, ease of reading, and title hooks for attention-grabbing headlines.
- 16Double-check that you have every page optimized for desktop, tablet, and mobile viewing.
- 17Disable all pop-up ads, as Google will not rank you your site well if you're using widescreen pop-ups, or for any size on mobile!
- 19Are your conversion pixels set up, tested, and ready to fire?
- 20Are all your pages search engine optimized with title tags and descriptions?
- 21Now monitor everything and continually make the necessary edits and improvements. Each funnel you build will be far better than the last! The main thing is to begin now!
Creating and optimizing a successful sales funnel takes a lot of time preparing and planning, but once it's complete, you may use it for years to come. You will only need to maintain it to ensure the products and links are current and functioning properly.
Many small details may impact your conversions; that is why we continually test and tweak every item for many months to come until we have a winner!
By testing and tracking the emails, we can learn more about what your audience wants to see. We make the necessary adjustments over time to fine-tune each step of the funnel.
The data we collect along the way gives us valuable insight into your visitors.
The size of your email list is the fastest most cost-effective way to scale your business and increase your ROI. We highly recommended continually growing your list. If you don’t have that going now, this is the perfect time to begin this process. Scaling works well for businesses who need to increase their cash flow, yet they have no hours left in the day to bring on new clients. We automate this while you keep your normal routine.
Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.
It’s always nice to hear from you!